Hi, I’m Afoma!
I’m Afoma Umesi — writer, editor, and bookworm. I’ve always been a reader and writer, but in the last five years, I’ve been creating and editing content for a variety of Saas, marketing, and health websites.
My strengths include:
- Distilling complex information into digestible, actionable content that engages your audience and converts into sales for your business
- A degree in medicine (yes, I’m a medical doctor) that makes me an invaluable expert for crafting health content
- Strong SEO knowledge that ensures you rank in the top search results for your desired keyword — a feat I have achieved for my own website, Reading Middle Grade
- Content marketing experience gained from running my own content business for the last two years and independently boosting traffic by over 100% in that time
Don’t believe me? Here’s what a recent client had to say about my work:
“Afoma is an all-around superstar. She excels at editing, writing, content strategy, and more. Besides being awesome at her job, she’s easygoing, and a breeze to work with.”
Need to brainstorm content strategy? In need of a writer to tackle a content assignment? Want an editor to clean up your content or develop a comprehensive style guide? I’m your girl. More questions? Check out my FAQ section.
When I’m not banging out words or editing client work, you’ll catch me snuggled up with a good book. Other things I enjoy doing (in no particular order):
- Cooking and eating tasty food
- Sweating out anxiety at the gym
- Taking photographs on my DSLR (I used to be a freelance portrait photographer)
- Procrastinating on Twitter
IN THE PRESS
- Being Freelance Podcast: Learn how I went from medical doctor to freelance writer and editor.